Friday, August 13, 2010

this is the intro.


welp.

Since this is apparently my very own, personal blog, I am going to assume that it only be cordial that I introduce myself.

My name is Brianna Patrice Kent.  I was first born on August 25th, 1990:
3 sisters, mom, dad, 4 bedroom house, suburbs of Philly, varsity volleyball, spring track, honors & AP classes, graduation... Carnegie Mellon University.  

Right... 
now. 
My name is Brianna Patrice Kent. I was reborn on December 29th, 2008:
My best friend is Jesus Christ. This place that I mention underneath life number one? Carnegie Mellon University? Well, during my first semester here, God decided to reveal himself to me.  Understand, dearest reader, who you are messing with.  You are reading the words of a diehard, striving-to-see-Christ-in-the-mirror, beautiful woman after God's own heart, who is imperfect, sinfuldisobedient and worthy of death.  I'm going to give a general disclaimer that stands for this entire blog:  Do not be offended by what you read, after you've decided that you believe something that would deem what I report as miracles, to be impossible.  Rather, understand that my God loves you. Point blank. No hidden fees. 0% interest rate... Instant rebate.

[He really does love you. I'm serious]

I suspect that you, dearest reader, are observant enough to already know that this blog is entitled "just a cloth". To some, my other name is Cloth of the Kente.  Well... actually, no one really calls me that.  It's one of those whack nicknames that you discover yourself, resulting in you having to present this "nickname" to other people, and actually wait for them to associate your face... with those words. Yeah... way too much work. I know. On an occasional basis, I am referred to as Cloth, Kent, Kente Cloth (which was the original), or other things of that nature.  Yes. I made up a name for myself.

None-the-less, the name stays.

Let's remain observant, however, and realize that there is no "Kent" in the blog title.  You see... "Kent" is my surname.  A lot of the time, a person's last name is associated with respect.... or pride.  For the few brief moments that you spend reading my latest revelations and such, I'd like for you to throw those type feelings out your head.   

I would have no name, if it were not given to me.

I've recently discovered that we were all created for the specific purpose of glorifying and worshipping our God.  Our lives are meant to be "however-many" years spent on this earth, devoted to displaying to our Father, the level of sacrifice that He shows for each of us on a continual basis. Relentless atonement. smh.

I am just a cloth... or maybe calling myself a rag would be a more accurate statement.  This name that I have come to love identifying myself with? Well, it wouldn't exist without Christ.  I would have no IDENTITY without Christ.  Christ is my "Kente".  Christ is my pride.

Without the name, the word cloth only can be used to describe a pliable material made usually by weaving, felting, or knitting natural or synthetic fibers and filaments. But WITH the name, 5 teeny weeny letters, the meaning... the purpose of the phrase completely changes.  The two aren't even on the same dimension.

And I emphasize my previous referral to myself as a rag.  Some free online dictionary, which is conveniently open in the next tab on my browser, defined a rag in this way:

rag (n.)- a worthless piece of cloth

Understand that this life has no worth without Christ.  Without my Kent, I am a worthless piece of pliable material made usually by weaving, felting, or knitting natural or synthetic fibers and filaments. smh.  


Shows me how much I need my God.

This blog is not about me.  It is meant to be a humble report of the regular doings of the creator of this cloth.  Prayerfully, this blog will serve it's purpose of existment and glorify God the way that we all should.

All are welcome =) I won't delete comments, unless they rightfully deserve it.

That is all.
Signed.

Cloth.


"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you" Psalm 63:3

1 comment:

  1. i was looking for the "like" button and couldn't find it... welp. i like this.

    ReplyDelete